Jun 24, 2008

A week in Review

Well! It's been a while! I'm a slacker, I know.

First- Our Summer of Camping has been good. A couple weekends ago, we headed off with the Nilsson Clan to Woolford National Park. Nothing to spectacular, but hey - it was cheap and close! Our Camp Site!

We couldn't do much, so we just hung out Friday night around the site - it was quite windy! And then Saturday we headed into Cardston to meet up with the Allred Clan for lunch (we miss the Allred Clan!) Well, as most of you know, our 3 men really, REALLY like guns and shooting stuff so - we went out to the M & M Rasmussen farm - aka Trent's parents - to find some gophers. And find them we did! I bet you those 3 maniacs shot close to 200 gophers, and didn't even touch a quarter of the population!

There's Trent, Kendall, and Tim

while Julie, Ashlee, and I drove them around the fields.

Like I said, it was nothing to spectacular, but at least we got away for a few days! Gotta save up for the big trip to Kalispell.

And Secondly:

Well, we HAD plans to go camping again last weekend, but that fell through - no thanks to me!! Last Wednesday morning I woke up with some major pains in my left kidney and nausea! Now, I had kidney stone problems when I was pregnant - which I am told is very prominant in pregos - so any of ya out there - watch out! Anyways - this pain felt the exact same, except in the opposite kidney! Well, off to the medicine cabinet I went to grab the heat bag and some tylenol to see if I could get it under control, and it actually worked......until Thursday morning that is! Around 2 a.m. it all started again. And this time there was no stopping it! I could hardly sleep, I was sick to my stomach, and couldn't keep anything down - not even water! So around 10:30 I called the Dr and got in that afternoon. He immediately admitted me into the hospital where I spent a very lovely weekend .... *sense the sarcasim?* They hooked me up to IV's to get fluids in me so I would stop "losing my breakfast" and get the pain under control. I was scheduled for an ultrasound Friday morning - which by the way I STILL do not have the results from and here it is Tuesday! - And then Saturday morning the doctor told me that I could either sit there all weekend or go home. By this time, I was back to eating solid foods and drinking regular fluids, so I decided I would like it much more to be able to rest in my own home and lift my son without a stinkin' needle in my arm! Do you know how hard that is!?!? Trent was really great through all of it - took a couple days off work to help take care of me and Blake. Which by the way, Blake LOVED hanging out with his daddy for a few days! Trent even slept on the dumb Chair Cot the hospital gives to the loved ones staying with us sicklings.

So, as of right now, I am playing the waiting game until they can figure out what the heck was wrong with me!

So, now that I've typed your eyes out - I will leave you wil a little pic of Blake hanging out with me on the hospital bed. The only pic we took in the hospital - you DON'T want to see the sight! TTFN!

1 comment:

moosh in indy. said...

Dudes and guns.
Will it ever end?